2017 National and Regional Championship Regatta Subsidy Program
NCR — $10 per participant, up to a maximum of $300
RCR — $5 per participant, up to a maximum of $150
The requirements are simple:
1 - Submit the Regatta
The Regatta Chairman or Class Secretary should place the CR on the Regatta Schedule at least 3 months prior to the event date.
- The long lead time ensures that the regatta will be on the schedule in at least one issue of Model Yachting.
- Go to www.theamya.org/regatta/regattaform.php to submit the regatta.
- NCRs and RCRs must be authorized by the Class Secretary (AMYA bylaw 8.1).
2 - Confirm Participant Eligibility
All participants of the NCR/RCR must be members of the AMYA and/or of their country’s governing body for model yachting.
- The Class Secretary can verify the membership status of AMYA members prior to the regatta.
- The AMYA Vice President can assist with verification if the Class Secretary is not available.
- The Regatta Chairman must confirm the status of international skippers prior to the regatta.
3- Submit a Regatta Report
This report should be submitted to MYRegattaReport@theamya.org as soon as possible after the event.
- Refer to How to Write a Regatta Report in the Regatta Reports section of Model Yachting magazine for tips.
4 - Request Stipend from the Treasurer
The Class Secretary or Regatta Chairman must send a request for the stipend, a copy of the Entries with verified AMYA membership numbers, and Final Results to the AMYA Treasurer.
- Include to whom the check should be made payable and where it should be sent.
- Request should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the completion of the NCR/RCR